Over the past few years, nothing has driven me more than to be working in the field of Design Education. Whenever I get an opportunity, I try to talk about it and share my viewpoints and love to hear thoughts both from educationists and industry practitioners on how it can improve/change.
Here are the slides from my talk today at The Goa Project 2015.
I spoke on Design Education in India and shared my viewpoints on what are the things that design education needs to do. It was an interesting experiences sharing the views and engaging in discussions with people over the talk and the break thereafter.
A quick summary of the presentation are with these points :
- Design education in India is going through a transition
- There’s a huge supply -demand gap number of graduates and industry requirements
- There are more people ‘designing’ stuff than ever before
- The role of designer in organisation and society is changing
- We need to equip the designer with skills relevant to succeed in the 21st century
- We live in a more connected and complex world
You can view the entire presentation below..
Would love to hear your viewpoints and engage in more discussions on the same.